09 October, 2005

thebeehivestate

shortly after returning from Taiwan, i was having some pretty bad Jill withdrawals, not having been apart for more than about 15 minutes in the previous seven months. so i headed up to Utah to see her (and my family, of course) and the following pictures provide a mere glimpse of the fun times we continued to generate.



a little AR-15 action, and Jilly throwing a clay for me (or at least posing like she was going to).



first there was the obligatory "go out into the desert and shoot crap up" activity, that was made possible by the kind assistance and decent-sized arsenal of my brother Matt. i had planned this as a surprise activity for Jill, wanting to see how she did, but learned that she was quite an experienced, and an excellent, shot.


first time up, after only five tries.

fortunately, her activity for me, wakeboarding, proved me to be just about competent in spite of my lack of experience. with the excellent tutelage i received from Jill, her dad, and her brother Scott, i managed to get up--and stay up--after just five tries, which they all kindly assured me was not bad. staying up on the "Extreme HO" with Jill's dad driving the boat was another matter altogether however, and ensured that we left the lake and spent the next few days feeling very sore.



Jilluns and I on the ski boat, and me, her and Scott on the "Extreme HO". an interesting, strangely appropriate, name.



other than those fun times, we did get to see our families, and Jill got to meet mine for the first time. they didn't seem to scare her off, and we were even invited to my niece Caitlin's horse riding lesson, where her and her sister, Maren, took a liking not just to the animals but to Jill's lens as well.


Cait and Maren at Cait's riding lesson.

Cait is becoming quite the horsewoman, and Maren the consummate model. good thing Jill always has her camera close by.

No comments: